Have you experienced Kansas City roof storm damage or do you suspect you need roof repair as a result of recent or past KC metro area storms?
It can feel overwhelming when a storm rolls through your area and after it passes you find shingles blown off your roof, broken glass, fallen branches, or other damages to your home and property.
Dealing with wind or water damage to your home caused by a severe storm can be emotionally difficult and physically dangerous. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
Stay Safe During a Kansas City Storm
- Don’t go outside until you know for sure that it’s safe.
- If you think you smell gas, turn the gas line off and don’t use an open flame inside the house.
- Keep pets indoors. Use a leash when you take them outside.
- Stay away from downed power lines–be especially careful to avoid water and metal objects near downed lines.
- Maintain a safe distance from dangling limbs and damaged trees.
- If you drive, don’t attempt to drive through a flooded street.
- Check on your neighbors, especially anyone who may be elderly or disabled.
Cleaning Up After a Storm in Kansas City
- Remove wet rugs and carpets so they don’t damage flooring.
- If you have any water damage inside your home, open the windows and turn on fans.
- If there are missing shingles, have repairs done as soon as you can. If at all possible, get them done before the next rain in order to prevent additional damage.
- If you need to climb a ladder to cover damaged sections of the roof until the repairs can be done, be careful. Have another person there to stabilize the ladder.
- If you decide to use a chainsaw to cut away branches, be very careful. (Note: do this only if you know how to safely operate a chainsaw).
Assessing Exterior Storm Damage to Your Roof & Siding
One of the daunting tasks facing a homeowner in a storm damage situation is finding the right company to get things fixed and back to normal quickly.
That’s where Rainscape Roofing comes in. We’re more than just a roofing company.
We’re different. Our storm damage experts can help with any damage (or combination of damages) you may have sustained on your home’s:
With one simple call, you can take care of it all. We have the best crews, the best materials and we use the best roofing software technologies to assess your damage and provide precise measurements and estimates for your roofing repairs and more.
Not only will we handle your repairs, we’ll improve the situation.
We’ll make sure you don’t face drainage problems later that can cause problems with the foundation of your home that makes the other damages seem insignificant.
If you need Kansas City storm roof damage repair, please call us today to schedule a free roof inspection.